Google engineers and third-party app developers are given permission to read the emails of the 1.2 billion Gmail users around the world. In some cases this is done to train algorithms to handle the data contained in emails, but it does highlight the vulnerabilities of Google’s permission system. Companies like Microsoft, Return Path and Edison Software have also been given access to Gmail user info and the problem applies to other online email services.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Moon Shot 2.0
- Cracking Down On Loot Boxes
- Back To The Brick
- Doing Away With Physical Passports
- The Do-Not-Track Act of 2019
- Pristine Batch Of Lunar Surface Samples To Be Opened
- Dream Market Illicit Drug Site Closed
- Google Crackdown On Ad Fraud
- China’s Growing Footprint In Antarctica
- A Tough IPO For Uber?