Google engineers and third-party app developers are given permission to read the emails of the 1.2 billion Gmail users around the world. In some cases this is done to train algorithms to handle the data contained in emails, but it does highlight the vulnerabilities of Google’s permission system. Companies like Microsoft, Return Path and Edison Software have also been given access to Gmail user info and the problem applies to other online email services.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- AI’s Double-Edged Sword
- Eyes Are The Window To the Soul – And Your Future Health
- Active Volcanism On Mars
- LSD Back In Fashion For Medical Use?
- Some Good News About Plastic
- State Sponsored Cyber Warfare
- Do Video Games Make Kids Violent?
- AI For Mass Surveillance
- Political Ambitions Of A Bee Activist
- An Update From Bee Activist Simon Mulvany