China has become only the second country after America to successfully land on Mars, at Utopia Planitia. The ambitious Tianwen-1 mission includes an orbiter, deployable camera, lander, drop camera, and the Zhurong rover. Its already sent back images of its entry, descent and landing sequence, recorded the sounds of its operations on Mars and taken a now-famous selfie (and video) of its rover and lander on the surface. Instruments include hi-res cameras, weather station, ground penetrating radar, Mars surface compound detector with laser and a magnetometer.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Lockdown Radio – Victoria On Tenterhooks As Delta Returns
- Is Australia Becoming A Hermit Nation?
- Lockdown Radio – Mixed Messaging Adds To Vaccine Hesitancy
- Nailing Its Mars Landing, China Signals ‘Game On’ For Space Race 2.0
- Lockdown Radio – Sydney Cluster Growing; NZ Not Immune
- Intuitive Improvisation Is The Secret Of Genius
- Lockdown Radio – Melbourne’s 4th Shutdown Ends
- Lockdown Radio – Origins Of Wuhan Virus, The Alpha Strain
- Lockdown Radio – Indian ‘Black Fungus’ And 4th Lockdown Extended In Victoria
- Media Shake Up As HD Music Streaming Comes Of Age