The Human Research Program is NASA’s comprehensive effort to enable safe and productive travel for people in space. Now retired identical twin astronauts Scott and Mark Kelly took part in a year long mission to closely compare changes in their bodies. Scott spent more than 300 days aboard the ISS, while Mark remained on Earth. Both submitted to regular checks of their immune systems, genetics, bone formation, gut bacteria, the effects of vaccines, radiation and biochemical changes. The information recorded will be used for years to come to understand how to make a return journey to Mars survivable.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Celebrating Science In Australia
- Do You Really Want To Know What You’ll Like In 30 Years?
- NZ Government Embraces AI
- Orbiting Space Hotel
- NASA’s Drone Mission To Saturn’s Moon Titan
- How To Do More With Melbourne’s Class A Sewage (Part 2)
- How To Do More With Melbourne’s Class A Sewage (Part 1)
- iPhone Security Called Into Question
- China’s “Deadbeat” Map
- Why Sir Fred Hoyle Didn’t Get A Nobel Prize (Part 2)