In this fascinating discussion, Physicist Dr Tony Heyes explains the background and importance of the 1960s scientific revolution which became known as plate tectonics. He describes the roles played by German researcher Alfred Wegener and English geophysicist Frederick Vine in realising that it wasn’t just a coincidence that the West coast of Africa and the East coast of South America have a similar shape and look like they might once have neatly fit together. Tony also explains geomagnetic pole reversals and the long-term cycles which influence climate and cause ice ages.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- How To Podcast From Home
- Lingering Concerns Over The Privacy And Security Of Australia’s COVIDSafe App
- Are We Cool With The COVIDSafe App?
- 4.5 Billion Souls In Lockdown – The Human, Social And Economic Costs
- Humankind Grounded By Covid-19
- Adapting To The New Paradigm
- Working From Home
- Building Influence On Social Media (Part 2)
- The Time That Is Given Us
- Building Influence On Social Media (Part 1)