Our weekly news round-up: Trump directs Pentagon to set up “Space Force” to ensure America’s continued dominance beyond Earth; Microsoft’s Project Natick places environmentally friendly data centres underwater; Google’s DeepMind AI learns how to see via a generative query network; Europe’s new General Data Protection Regulation is cleaning up the world’s email spam problem; Vivo X21 is world’s first smart phone with in-display fingerprint sensor; Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission abandons deal with NEC to expand national fingerprint database with other biometric info, such as facial and footprint recognition.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Antibiotics, Illicit Drugs And Effluent Polluting Our Waterways
- Exploring Ancient Archaeological Sites As Never Before
- Melbourne Is First International Uber Air Pilot City
- Deepfaking – Putting Words In Your Mouth
- Big Improvements To Google Maps
- Google Making Life Hard For Ad Blockers
- On Stephen Hawking’s Epitaph
- Taming Drug-Resistant Superbugs
- Hacking Attempt On Beyond Infinity
- Will We Ever Get Back To The Moon?