Our weekly news round-up: TESS exoplanet hunter successfully launched toward unusual lunar resonant orbit; The many, varied (and slightly scary) ways Facebook gathers information about you; World heritage Henderson Island in the remote South Pacific has the planet’s worst plastic pollution; Japanese researchers make an enzyme that breaks down PET plastic bottles; Woolly mammoths and many other large mammals declined with people’s migration out of Africa; Gmail hacked by spam scam – users receive messages from themselves; Lyrids meteor shower worth a look; Digital medical consultations via Coviu, a cloud-based video platform; Extracting gold from SIM cards to reduce e-waste; Grasshopper – a free app to learn the basics of coding.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- US Lawmakers Concerned About Personal Data Hosted In China And Russia
- Climate Change, Not Just A Rogue Asteroid, Killed The Dinosaurs
- World’s Oceans Have A Million Times More Plastic Than We Thought
- Space Bugs That Eat Rock And Metal
- Preserving Pirated Scientific Papers
- Much Freer Speech On Twitter
- Should A Double Murderer Be Forgotten?
- China’s All-Pervasive Facial Recognition
- Radical ‘Flying’ Boats Competing For America’s Cup In 2021
- Do We Really Have To Use Google Search?