Our weekly news round-up: TESS exoplanet hunter successfully launched toward unusual lunar resonant orbit; The many, varied (and slightly scary) ways Facebook gathers information about you; World heritage Henderson Island in the remote South Pacific has the planet’s worst plastic pollution; Japanese researchers make an enzyme that breaks down PET plastic bottles; Woolly mammoths and many other large mammals declined with people’s migration out of Africa; Gmail hacked by spam scam – users receive messages from themselves; Lyrids meteor shower worth a look; Digital medical consultations via Coviu, a cloud-based video platform; Extracting gold from SIM cards to reduce e-waste; Grasshopper – a free app to learn the basics of coding.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Europe’s New GDPR Privacy Rules
- Weekly News From Beyond Infinity 22/5/18
- Autonomous Flying Taxis
- Highlights Of Google’s 2018 I/O Developers Conference
- CO2 At Highest Levels In 800,000 Years
- World Bee Day 20th May
- Weekly News From Beyond Infinity 15/5/18
- The Omnipresence Of Facial Recognition Technology
- Inside The Mind Of The World’s Richest Man
- Was Nefertiti Buried With King Tut?