Our weekly news round-up: TESS exoplanet hunter successfully launched toward unusual lunar resonant orbit; The many, varied (and slightly scary) ways Facebook gathers information about you; World heritage Henderson Island in the remote South Pacific has the planet’s worst plastic pollution; Japanese researchers make an enzyme that breaks down PET plastic bottles; Woolly mammoths and many other large mammals declined with people’s migration out of Africa; Gmail hacked by spam scam – users receive messages from themselves; Lyrids meteor shower worth a look; Digital medical consultations via Coviu, a cloud-based video platform; Extracting gold from SIM cards to reduce e-waste; Grasshopper – a free app to learn the basics of coding.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Noise Concerns Dampen Support For Delivery Drones
- Is The Clock TikTok’ing For Spotify?
- Suspended Animation For The Critically Injured
- Sun Cable To Deliver Outback Solar To Singapore
- After 50 years, US Strategic Air Command Retires Its Floppy Disks
- Suspicionless Device Searches Ruled Illegal
- CSIRO’s Data61 Identifies AI As Vital To Australian Prosperity
- AI Drones Monitoring Music Festivals
- The World’s Darkest Skies
- Australian Government Moves To Block Offshore Gambling Sites