Our weekly news round-up: Tencent and Alibaba look like becoming trillion dollar companies, dominating 770 million Chinese internet users; Curiosity rover resumes onboard rock sample analysis after 18 month hiatus; Cryosleep chamber under development by NASA for long-duration space travel; Big Californian utilities expand their EV infrastructure spend in readiness for the phase out of petrol-powered transportation; Big study finds chemotherapy not useful in treatment of most common early stage breast cancer; Aussie webcams hacked and fake testimonials posted on YouTube as endorsements for scammers’ service; Google Lens arrives on Android phones (and it’s really useful); Big tech companies team up to make computers more accessible to the vision-impaired.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Deepfaking – Putting Words In Your Mouth
- Big Improvements To Google Maps
- Google Making Life Hard For Ad Blockers
- On Stephen Hawking’s Epitaph
- Taming Drug-Resistant Superbugs
- Hacking Attempt On Beyond Infinity
- Will We Ever Get Back To The Moon?
- Sitting Duck – Ransomware Attack On City Of Baltimore
- BlockOne Promises A Secure Version Of The Internet
- A Clean And Green Alternative To Styrofoam