Our weekly news round-up: Tencent and Alibaba look like becoming trillion dollar companies, dominating 770 million Chinese internet users; Curiosity rover resumes onboard rock sample analysis after 18 month hiatus; Cryosleep chamber under development by NASA for long-duration space travel; Big Californian utilities expand their EV infrastructure spend in readiness for the phase out of petrol-powered transportation; Big study finds chemotherapy not useful in treatment of most common early stage breast cancer; Aussie webcams hacked and fake testimonials posted on YouTube as endorsements for scammers’ service; Google Lens arrives on Android phones (and it’s really useful); Big tech companies team up to make computers more accessible to the vision-impaired.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- AI’s Double-Edged Sword
- Eyes Are The Window To the Soul – And Your Future Health
- Active Volcanism On Mars
- LSD Back In Fashion For Medical Use?
- Some Good News About Plastic
- State Sponsored Cyber Warfare
- Do Video Games Make Kids Violent?
- AI For Mass Surveillance
- Political Ambitions Of A Bee Activist
- An Update From Bee Activist Simon Mulvany