Our weekly news round-up: Tencent and Alibaba look like becoming trillion dollar companies, dominating 770 million Chinese internet users; Curiosity rover resumes onboard rock sample analysis after 18 month hiatus; Cryosleep chamber under development by NASA for long-duration space travel; Big Californian utilities expand their EV infrastructure spend in readiness for the phase out of petrol-powered transportation; Big study finds chemotherapy not useful in treatment of most common early stage breast cancer; Aussie webcams hacked and fake testimonials posted on YouTube as endorsements for scammers’ service; Google Lens arrives on Android phones (and it’s really useful); Big tech companies team up to make computers more accessible to the vision-impaired.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- An Awful Week For Elon Musk
- Continuing Fall Out From The PageUp Data Breach
- Issues Facing The World’s Bees (Part 3)
- The Militarisation Of Gene Editing Technologies
- The Fine Art Of Decrypting Your Energy Bills
- Weekly News From Beyond Infinity 3/7/18
- Tips And Tricks On How To Capitalise On Social Media
- Ethereum – A Viable Alternative To Bitcoin?
- Cedar Anderson On Inventing And Crowd-Funding The Flow Hive
- Weekly News From Beyond Infinity 26/6/18