Google engineers and third-party app developers are given permission to read the emails of the 1.2 billion Gmail users around the world. In some cases this is done to train algorithms to handle the data contained in emails, but it does highlight the vulnerabilities of Google’s permission system. Companies like Microsoft, Return Path and Edison Software have also been given access to Gmail user info and the problem applies to other online email services.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Black Hole Revealed In Exquisite Detail
- Wave Of Euphoria – Why Are Markets Running So Hot?
- Picture Perfect Landing At Jezero
- Reigniting The Fear Factor – Victoria’s Latest Statewide Lockdown Condemned
- Seven Minutes Of Terror – An Arrival On Mars Like Never Before
- Ranking Countries’ Pandemic Response
- In Depth – The Onyx Boox Note Air
- Signing Off On 2020
- Open For Business – Towards Covid Normal (Dec 7, 9, 14 & 16)
- Pandemic Pivot – How A Melbourne VR Company Responded To The New Paradigm (Part 2)