The Human Research Program is NASA’s comprehensive effort to enable safe and productive travel for people in space. Now retired identical twin astronauts Scott and Mark Kelly took part in a year long mission to closely compare changes in their bodies. Scott spent more than 300 days aboard the ISS, while Mark remained on Earth. Both submitted to regular checks of their immune systems, genetics, bone formation, gut bacteria, the effects of vaccines, radiation and biochemical changes. The information recorded will be used for years to come to understand how to make a return journey to Mars survivable.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Noise Concerns Dampen Support For Delivery Drones
- Is The Clock TikTok’ing For Spotify?
- Suspended Animation For The Critically Injured
- Sun Cable To Deliver Outback Solar To Singapore
- After 50 years, US Strategic Air Command Retires Its Floppy Disks
- Suspicionless Device Searches Ruled Illegal
- CSIRO’s Data61 Identifies AI As Vital To Australian Prosperity
- AI Drones Monitoring Music Festivals
- The World’s Darkest Skies
- Australian Government Moves To Block Offshore Gambling Sites