Our weekly news round-up: Google’s Panoramio photo sharing service to close; New Horizons completes Pluto fly-by data return and prepares for next encounter in the Kuiper Belt; ‘Alien Megastructure’ star will be studied by Yuri Milner’s Breakthrough Listen SETI project using West Virginia’s Greenbank radio telescope; Juno mission to Jupiter suffers set-backs; IBM’s Watson successfully confirms cancer diagnosise and even improves on doctors’ recommendations; Apple’s revenue declines for the first time in 15 years; iOS 10.1 update closes hacking vulnerability; Android Pay available in more places, especially the mobile web; Tesla turns a profit and announces no new capital needed for Model 3.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Post Fires, Will Australia Reconsider Climate Change?
- US Lawmakers Concerned About Personal Data Hosted In China And Russia
- Climate Change, Not Just A Rogue Asteroid, Killed The Dinosaurs
- World’s Oceans Have A Million Times More Plastic Than We Thought
- Space Bugs That Eat Rock And Metal
- Preserving Pirated Scientific Papers
- Much Freer Speech On Twitter
- Should A Double Murderer Be Forgotten?
- China’s All-Pervasive Facial Recognition
- Radical ‘Flying’ Boats Competing For America’s Cup In 2021