Our weekly news round-up: TESS exoplanet hunter successfully launched toward unusual lunar resonant orbit; The many, varied (and slightly scary) ways Facebook gathers information about you; World heritage Henderson Island in the remote South Pacific has the planet’s worst plastic pollution; Japanese researchers make an enzyme that breaks down PET plastic bottles; Woolly mammoths and many other large mammals declined with people’s migration out of Africa; Gmail hacked by spam scam – users receive messages from themselves; Lyrids meteor shower worth a look; Digital medical consultations via Coviu, a cloud-based video platform; Extracting gold from SIM cards to reduce e-waste; Grasshopper – a free app to learn the basics of coding.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Project Dragonfly – Is Google Helping Chinese Censorship?
- Killer Drones To Hunt Down Crown Of Thorns
- Changing Usage Of Facebook
- Wannacry Malware Traced Back To North Korean Hacker
- 2018 Australian Museum Eureka Prizes
- Predicting Your Choices Before You’ve Made Up Your Mind
- Tough Times For Elon Musk And Tesla Investors
- OH Honey!
- Food Fraud – Honey Industry Whistleblower Vindicated
- Food Fraud – German Testing Exposes Fake Honey On Sale In Australia