Our weekly news round-up: TESS exoplanet hunter successfully launched toward unusual lunar resonant orbit; The many, varied (and slightly scary) ways Facebook gathers information about you; World heritage Henderson Island in the remote South Pacific has the planet’s worst plastic pollution; Japanese researchers make an enzyme that breaks down PET plastic bottles; Woolly mammoths and many other large mammals declined with people’s migration out of Africa; Gmail hacked by spam scam – users receive messages from themselves; Lyrids meteor shower worth a look; Digital medical consultations via Coviu, a cloud-based video platform; Extracting gold from SIM cards to reduce e-waste; Grasshopper – a free app to learn the basics of coding.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- Lockdown Radio – Victoria On Tenterhooks As Delta Returns
- Is Australia Becoming A Hermit Nation?
- Lockdown Radio – Mixed Messaging Adds To Vaccine Hesitancy
- Nailing Its Mars Landing, China Signals ‘Game On’ For Space Race 2.0
- Lockdown Radio – Sydney Cluster Growing; NZ Not Immune
- Intuitive Improvisation Is The Secret Of Genius
- Lockdown Radio – Melbourne’s 4th Shutdown Ends
- Lockdown Radio – Origins Of Wuhan Virus, The Alpha Strain
- Lockdown Radio – Indian ‘Black Fungus’ And 4th Lockdown Extended In Victoria
- Media Shake Up As HD Music Streaming Comes Of Age