Our weekly news round-up: Tencent and Alibaba look like becoming trillion dollar companies, dominating 770 million Chinese internet users; Curiosity rover resumes onboard rock sample analysis after 18 month hiatus; Cryosleep chamber under development by NASA for long-duration space travel; Big Californian utilities expand their EV infrastructure spend in readiness for the phase out of petrol-powered transportation; Big study finds chemotherapy not useful in treatment of most common early stage breast cancer; Aussie webcams hacked and fake testimonials posted on YouTube as endorsements for scammers’ service; Google Lens arrives on Android phones (and it’s really useful); Big tech companies team up to make computers more accessible to the vision-impaired.
Keep up to date with our podcasts
Bitcoin Price USD
Support Beyond Infinity
Donate Bitcoin to help us produce the show
- A Casual Discussion Of Quantum Mechanics
- Can Elon Go Where No Man Has Gone Before?
- Elon’s Battle For Twitter
- New Biohazards – Monkey Pox and Winter Flu
- Explaining America’s High Covid Death Toll
- Covid Complacency
- Covid Sub-variants Gaining Ground
- Australia’s Covid Surge
- Extreme Weather Grips SE Australia
- Honey From The Bees